Working on web applications: designing, implementing and maintaining efficient, reusable, reliable Ruby on Rails code. The ability to work independently and to collaborate with a team while pursuing complex technical issues. Focusing on back-end and tackling front-end parts of the web applications.
- Excellent knowledge of Ruby’s API and the language’s nuances.
- Excellent knowledge of Ruby on Rails with understanding of the framework’s mechanisms and best development practices.
- Competent at independent architecting of web applications and taking technical decisions within team.
- Hands-on experience in design, development, testing, debugging and performance-profiling all layers of web applications.
- Has a solid understanding of:
- Object-Oriented Programming,
- Software Design Patterns,
- Best coding and development practices,
- Distributed systems architecture,
- Web applications security,
- Amazon Web Services in practice.
- Business-oriented SysOps driven towards cost-effective ways of hosting apps and development of blazingly fast static-content applications with dynamic functionalities.
- Great communication skills.
- Ability to identify and present ideas for project improvements.
- Team player who knows when to ask for help and is eager to help others.
- Up-to-date with the latest IT trends in back-end development.
Tech stack we use
- Ruby 2.x
- Ruby on Rails 4.x / 5.x
- SQL and NoSQLs Databases (Postgres, Redis)
- HTML5, CSS3
- React, Vue, Ember, Angular
- Amazon Web Services or other cloud platforms